Sometimes, you just don't have the time to make something from scratch. That's ok! But, in those situations, it's important to have go-to recipes that are less involved without sacrificing taste. These delectable, bite-sized cookie stacks are exactly that.
Who says store-bought sweets have no use? To start, spread some chocolate frosting on the flat side of a bunch of nilla wafers.
After you're done spreading, slice some bananas and strawberries. You want the slices to be about twice as thick as one nilla wafer. Place these slices on top of half of the frosted wafers.
Now all that's left to do is make the sandwich and dress it up! Place the wafers without on fruit on top of the wafers with fruit. Then, quickly make a chocolate sauce by microwaving semisweet chocolate and milk until reaching the desired consistency. You want it to be just at the point of being too thick to drip off of the sandwich. Lastly, crush some nilla wafers into crumbs in a ziploc bag (yes, this is as therapeutic as it sounds). Dip half of each sandwich in the chocolate sauce, and roll the coated side in the nilla wafer crumbs.
The crunch of the cookie contrasts with the juiciness of the banana and strawberry slices to create a delicious little stack of heaven. And, if that wasn't enough already, chocolate makes an appearance both inside and outside of this dessert, providing yummy smoothness (or smooth yumminess, either is fine) to tie everything together.
This dessert is perfect for anyone who needs to make a lot of finger-food desserts quickly, as all it involves is slicing, stacking, and spreading. It is also a great dessert due to its customizability: the banana and strawberry can be replaced by other fruits, and any flavor of frosting can be used. What delicious combinations can you think of?
Nilla Wafer Chocolate Fruit Stacks
A super cute dessert full of chocolate which cuts time but not flavor! Did I mention it's chocolatey?
Makes: 50 cookie sandwiches
- 1.5 boxes of Nilla Wafers
- 3/4 tin of chocolate frosting
- 3 bananas
- 8 strawberries
- 2 squares of dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Lay the Nilla Wafers out on a plate, flat side up. Spread the chocolate frosting evenly on each cookie.
- Slice the bananas and strawberries, about a ½-inch thick. Place these slices on half of the wafers. Place the remaining halves on top, creating a sandwich.
- Place the dark chocolate and almond milk in a small bowl. Microwave for 45 seconds, mixing in increments of 15 seconds.
- Crush some Nilla Wafers into crumbs.
- Dip one side of each cookie in the melted dark chocolate, followed by the Nilla Wafer crumbs.