- 2-5 Zucchini
- Barilla sauce
- You can also purchase ready-to-go zucchini noodles at the store.
- Instrument of choice. There’s several ways to get the zucchini into noodle form. One way, that I prefer, is a handheld spiralizer. You can also use a regular spiralizer, a julienne peeler, or a mandoline.
- Use your instrument to make the zucchini into noodle form. This can be done by peeling the zucchini or using a spiralizer of choice. Pro tip: salt the zucchini here and mix it up so that you get a bit of salt on every piece or shred of zucchini.
- Using paper towels, try and press down and get rid of the excess water. It will make it less liquidy at the end.
- Grease pan with preferred method. I use Pam.
- Layer the pan with a one fourth cup of barilla sauce.
- Put your zucchini noodles into the pan.
- Pour up to an additional half cup of sauce on top.
- Mix around the zoodles so that everything gets saucy. This will take between five and ten minutes.
Why it’s so good:
- There are no carbs and it’s a simple way to get your vegetables in. It requires few ingredients and utensils, and is a healthy alternative to pasta.